Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Monday, August 18, 2014

PB&J Roll-ups and a Deconstructed Turkey Bagel

For those that may be new to my blog, you will soon learn that I have 2 different eaters.  Although both my girls love fruits and veggies, my youngest daughter does not like any type of cold meat.  In addition, she absolutely loves peanut butter.  So, she almost always has a peanut butter sandwich, in some form, in her lunch.  Whereas my oldest daughter is more adventurous and will eat lots of different things.   So today I made PB&J roll-ups as a fun change to the traditional PB&J sandwich for the youngest.  My middle schooler wanted a deconstructed turkey/veggie cream cheese bagel.  She will most likely eat the turkey by itself and then have the bagel with cream cheese separately.  But, she has the option to assemble it into a sandwich, if she chooses.



  • PB&J roll-ups on a "So Sweet" skewer
  • Peas
  • Strawberries and blueberries
  • Wheat Thins Popped
  • Oreos




  • Whole Wheat mini bagel with veggie cream cheese and turkey
  • Peas
  • Strawberries and blueberries
  • Oreos
Here are some of the items, or similar items, I used when creating this lunch:





This post contains affiliate links.

2 comments:

  1. So do they eat the peas cold? wondering what to do with the foods that my kids like warm (pizza bites, veggies, leftovers, chicken bites) - is it ok to put them in a bento box like this style or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids actually prefer cold peas over warm ones. My kids don't have access to a microwave but these lunches are packed in the EasyLunchBoxes which are considered microwave safe.

    ReplyDelete